[time-nuts] Trimble Tbolt temperature

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Mon Dec 9 05:17:54 UTC 2019

Didier and Bob both suggested that perhaps the Tbolt's Kalman filter is
better served by the "other corner of the board" temperature data
supplied by the existing DS1620, and was designed to operate that way.

If this were true, we would expect Tbolts with newer DS1620 chips
(chunky 1C temp data) or defective DS1620s (e.g., constant minimum
temperature reporting, such as -55C) to perform *VERY* differently in
holdover than Tbolts with properly operating, mC resolution DS1620s.
But all indications are that there are no such differences (and there
are reams and reams of historical data on this).

So, I remain convinced that the Tbolt's Kalman filter operates as I
described in my last message (12/4).

Best regards,

Charles