[time-nuts] Trimble Tbolt temperature

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Dec 5 13:11:19 UTC 2019

Hi

Since the DAC / reference is the main source of error, placing the sensor
a bit away from the OCXO makes sense. You also don’t want to watch the
OCXO heat the board. You want data on the outside temperature.

Since it’s all buried away in a Khalman filter, even the people who designed
it were unable to be 100% sure of what exactly it was doing. ( I paid for
lunch to find that out ….it was back in the late 1990’s so lunch was cheap)

Bob