[time-nuts] measuring currents on USB powered devices

nuts at lazygranch.com nuts at lazygranch.com
Sat Dec 21 08:11:31 UTC 2019

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/68829
https://lygte-info.dk/review/USBmeter%20USB%20Energy%20Meter%20J7-H%20%28Hidance%29%20UK.html
I managed to find one of these that was bench tested. (Note sample of
one.) Not great, but perhaps good enough. The interesting thing is this
one has bluetooth os you can interface to phone or PC. I noticed the
Android app is a side lode. ;-)

The person testing it managed to blow it up with a 5A load.

On AliExprese the "manufacturer" is HiDance. Look for J7-H.

I provided both links because the .dk url looks a little odd. However I
have used that person's battery capacity tests. Seems like a decent
bench tester.
https://lygte-info.dk/