[time-nuts] 10811 performance

Robert DiRosario ka3zyx at comcast.net
Fri Dec 27 04:51:05 UTC 2019

I am trying to calibrate some equipment at the amateur radio club at
work, and my stuff.  We have an HP 5340A with a 10811 inside. It must
have been upgraded at some point in the past, the display uses Nixie
tubes.  I calibrated it c2000 using a HP Cs standard. That lab and it's
equipment are gone.  :-(

 From ebay / China I got a simple GPSDO that uses a Trimble 57963
inside.  I use the output of the 10811 in the 5340A to drive an HP
53131A.  I then measured the 10 MHz output of the GPSDO using the HP
53131A and got 10,000,000.08 Hz.

Assuming the GPSDO is correct, is 0.08 Hz drift over 20 years a
reasonable amount of drift for an 10811?

I have an HP Z3801A, once I get a power supply for it I can check the
other GPSDO.

Thanks

Robert
KA3ZYX