[time-nuts] FTS 4100 cesium documentation

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 02:42:56 UTC 2019

Hello to the group.
I recently received a FTS 4050 cesium reference. Not working and as stated
from a fellow time-nut.
Issue over current on the 24 volt input bus. The core of the 4050 is
actually a FTS 4100 I believe. But with no power the bus was not zero ohms.
(Darn)
The issue is with the first DC inverter that takes 24V in and supplies
voltages out. The input electrolytics leaked and shorted. The electrolyte
has eaten the PC traces and components in the power oscillator to the point
that several traces and components can't be figured out.
I would appreciate any documentation that might exist please.
I have searched the time-nuts archives and the net and there is little. The
leapsecond site had just a drop of detail on the 4100.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL