[time-nuts] EFOS B Hydrogren maser arrived

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.se
Fri Dec 27 22:29:59 UTC 2019

Fellow time-nuts,

This afternoon my EFOS B hydrogen maser has arrived and been set up. We
just need to wait for it to lock up, which may take about a week. I can
report a lot more on it, as I have a huge stack of documents. Hydrogren
diassociator already gives that nice pink glow. Its been refurbished and
measured, so it goes to 3E-15 at least, should reach 2E-15, with out
trouble. It is a huge beast, so it took quite some effort to get the 250
kg heavy beast of the van, and in the house. Now we have enjoyed dinner
and good drinks. I will do a bit of more cleanup before I meet my final
destination for the evening, but it all looks good so far.

I have 5 MHz, 180 MHz and 1440 MHz outputs to play with.

So, I have now transitioned from OCXO, to Rubidium, to Cesium and to
Hydrogren maser.

So, this is why I think in terms of phase microstepper.

Cheers,
Magnus