[time-nuts] 10811 performance

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Dec 27 14:26:22 UTC 2019

Hi

To that I would add - how long was it on power when measured? Does it run on power
24/7 at the club or is it power down 99% of the time? 10811’s (at least as much as other
OCXO’s) “like” to be power on all the time. However using it one way and calibrating it
another way may not be the best approach.

All this “fun” is one of the reasons for setting up a “lab standard” and piping it to all the
gear rather than calibrating each item individually. With the Chinese packaged GPSDO’s
coming in at < $100 delivered it is not a major investment. That kind of thing may or may
not make any sense at all in this case.

Bob