[time-nuts] 60 Hz frequency and phase measurement

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 13:24:35 UTC 2019

Jim, almost any mains powered lighting has a substantial 120Hz component in
light intensity. It's quite reasonable to trigger off this at nighttime if
the light is on and only that single light is in field of view of a
phototransistor (no car headlights allowed to come into view!)

It's still far far easier to plug in an AC wall wart.

Tim N3QE