[time-nuts] Overseas buying?

Bryan _ bpl521 at outlook.com
Thu Jul 4 22:09:30 UTC 2019

I am in Canada and have sold items Stateside, scopes, etc. I prefer whenever possible to use regular parcel post. Once you get into using couriers, DHL/FedEx/UPS the seller really has to know their paperwork. When using mail, whether priority or regular mail the customs form is easy. Just make sure the sellers itemizes clearly on the customs form what the item is. I always clearly describe it and put hobby use/used. Customs is more forgiving when it comes to personal importation vs a business.

Being in the US you are allowed $800.00 importation before duty (although I have heard that states may grab some sales tax from you).

-=Bryan=-