[time-nuts] Advantages of GNSS ???

Luiz Paulo Damaceno luizpauloeletrico42 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 03:19:40 UTC 2019

Hey Graham,

I'm gonna start a project soon to evaluate a F9P as a Time Transfer GNSS
receiver. For now i haven't too much answers for you but only i know is:
the BIPM uses all labs that participate from UTC to make corrections of
GNSS satellites frequency, also for the TAI use. I think GNNS T&F is a good
and reliable source for many projects. Here in my lab with Septentrio's
Pola RX 3 Tr we have a very low Time Dilution Of Precision when the Glonass
and all anothers becomes enabled, so our frequency if compared to all GNSS
constallations is good, i think the same logic can be applied for frequency
generation / distribution. What i want to say is: with more satellites of
different constellations you can have a better end signal (more stable and
reliable). Tests should be done. I hope can help more in the future.

Best regards,

Luiz