[time-nuts] E1938A source code/ firmware

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Sat Jul 6 06:58:51 UTC 2019

Hi Rick

Thank you very much for the reply and the suggested leads. I think your
work on the balanced bridge oscillator was both preeminant and seminal .

I have read all the papers on it, and there are few other things in my
30 years of this field professionally that really impress me as much  in
the new approaches and new thinking on the entire unit. Agreed on the
PII^2D control system.

I've built a few OCXOs back in the 90s, the best I did on (inner) oven
control was using dual glass bead thermistors in a bridge configuration
with lots of gain driving a simple opamp integrator. The opamp was
chopper stabilized and I ensured the op amp never operated in the
crossover region of the opamp output driver.  These were on AT cuts  at
97 deg C ...

cheers

Glen. AI6UM  / VK1XX