[time-nuts] It is possible to "recharge" a hydrogen maser?

EB4APL eb4apl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 14:22:59 UTC 2019

The H maser that we had at NASA-DSN in the 80´s had a small H2 bottle
which supplied it to the palladium valve, so it could be refilled. We
never needed a refill but once we had to open the plumbing, it was
necessary to reestablish the vacuum before opening the H2 valve. it was
done using a mechanical pump and then a (then unknown to me) "molecular
sieves" pump that was chilled with a bucket of liquid N2. The procedure
was quite convoluted.

Regards,

Ignacio