[time-nuts] FEI 405B oscillators

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Sun Jul 7 03:58:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have one of these FEI405 oscillators from this list auction 4 years ago.

While it dives nicely down deep into E-13 land over some seconds, it
only delivers -2.5 dBm output power

and has a lot of phase noise and spurs far out. That does not look healthy.

Is there a real data sheet out there in the wild, or has someone even
re-engineered this thing?

If you google for it, you get links to Fender guitar bags, fertilizers
and electron microscopes,

but nothing on oscillators apart of the time nuts thread from 4 years ago.

If the data sheet really says -2 dBm, then I could get rid of the spurii
and life would be OK.

Yes, I have found the Frequency Electronics web site, but it seems they
deny parenthood.

Gerhard