[time-nuts] FEI 405B oscillators

ewkehren ewkehren at AOL.com
Sun Jul 7 12:19:55 UTC 2019

Gerhard, does not sound right, Tom did an extensive evaluation, steps in 6.6 E-15 at 15 MHz. Our best GPSDO.Am out of  town back Tuesday have extensive info on my PC need to get off listBertSent from my Galaxy Tab® A
-------- Original message --------From: Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp at arcor.de> Date: 7/6/19  11:58 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement <time-nuts at lists.febo.com> Subject: [time-nuts] FEI 405B oscillators Hi,I have one of these FEI405 oscillators from this list auction 4 years ago.While it dives nicely down deep into E-13 land over some seconds, it only delivers -2.5 dBm output powerand has a lot of phase noise and spurs far out. That does not look healthy.Is there a real data sheet out there in the wild, or has someone even re-engineered this thing?If you google for it, you get links to Fender guitar bags, fertilizers and electron microscopes,but nothing on oscillators apart of the time nuts thread from 4 years ago.If the data sheet really says -2 dBm, then I could get rid of the spurii and life would be OK.Yes, I have found the Frequency Electronics web site, but it seems they deny parenthood.Gerhard_______________________________________________time-nuts mailing list -- time-nuts at lists.febo.comTo unsubscribe, go to http://lists.febo.com/mailman/listinfo/time-nuts_lists.febo.comand follow the instructions there.