[time-nuts] Used Hydrogen Maser

Michael Wouters michaeljwouters at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 21:29:55 UTC 2019

about 20 years ago, JPL was operating a Hg ion clock at the  Tidbinbilla
tracking station just outside Canberra, Australia. I think they installed a
few at various nodes in the Deep Space Network at the time. It operated for
a few years but never reliably enough to be a useful UTC clock ( we were
submitting the data to BIPM). I don’t know what happened to it.

Cheers
Michael