[time-nuts] Switching 1 pps signal

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 10 23:37:47 UTC 2019

I took all of the advice and made what I thought was the most sensible thing.  Not using switches of any kind at all.  Out of TICC in a case, N connector comes out as input (1 pps).  I made an external box that houses 5/10MHz to 1 pps.  They are completely independent.  No possibility for cross talks.  Inside of pps converter is a short piece of a twisted pair.  Only few inches.

I am not quite sure about termination.  There is really no guarantee that source or target is at 50 ohms.  So reflection to some degree is unavoidable.  What I'm concerned with is, at what point it will start to affect results.

Thanks everybody for input!  It has been quite interesting.

(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG