[time-nuts] Galileo service currently degraded

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Jul 13 23:07:00 UTC 2019

> Looking at gpsd, I'm still not sure that it supports UBX, and I think that was
> why I disregarded it before. Do you know if it does? The only UBX messages my
> project truly needs are NAV-PVT and NAV-DOP, though I look at other ones for
> data validation and debugging.

I haven't been keeping up with gpsd.  The general idea is that it tries to
convert whatever a device provides into a standard format.  If all goes well,
your setup should be able to compare 2 different brands of receiver.

I think they have been working on ublox.  I don't know if it is ready for
prime time yet.  If not, it's probably close and/or they may be interested in
fixing bugs if you provide a good test case.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.