[time-nuts] uBlox F9P versus F9T

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Wed Jul 17 20:57:31 UTC 2019

The F9T and F9P - are these interchangeable for stationary timing use
and stationary high performance position ?

 From how I read the datasheets, :

 >>the F9P has an internal RTK engine, and the F9T outputs the info RTCM
etc and that data can be run on a external RTK engine on a micro.

The P provides 1.5m standalone positional accuracy compared to the T
standalone positional accuracy of 2.0m. Not much difference there..

 >> the F9P and F9T have their timing pulse performance shown using
different description.

The P  has this as "RMS and 99%", while the T has this as '5nS','2.5ns diff'

 >>> Both can operate with companion receivers to enhance performance
but I interpret this as only the P can do a (internal, companion mode)
differential position fix and only the T can do a (internal companion
mode) differential time fix. That is , internally without using an
external engine.

***

So it seems, if using an external RTL etc engines, the devices can do
roughly the same thing.

How do others interpret this ? I want to do projects using positional
for one app, and timing for another, and would like to be able to
acheive the deep quantity discounts...

glen