[time-nuts] uBlox F9P versus F9T

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Jul 17 21:37:48 UTC 2019

Hi

Having played with both, there are differences in how the P and the T do things. Both do a better job on
timing than single band modules do. The T has multiple pps outputs and *should* handle logging (at a
fairly coarse resolution) an input pps on two inputs.

Both will handle external correction inputs via a serial port. The P does not do SBAS, but the T does.
They now say that SBAS degrades timing on the T (as it does on all other receivers) so that may not be a plus.

I have not checked the latest firmware on the T, but with the last version, the P actually delivered better
timing performance. Indeed it was running defaults so SBAS likely running at the time.

If you are trying to do some sort of master / slave setup, it’s best to dive into just what is involved with
that task. For a system where both master and slave are mobile, the P is likely the better choice.

Bob