[time-nuts] HP 10811 stabilizing time

Bill Beam wbeam at gci.net
Mon Jul 22 03:27:04 UTC 2019

I have several 10811.

Pin 6 on the edge connector is EFC input, Pins 2, 4 and 5 are GND.

The HP Service Manual is out there on the web.  It's worth a search.

One of my units spent several years on the shelf.  I put it back in service using a
Motorola UT+ GPS receiver and Brooks Shera regulator to discipline the oscillator.
After half a year continuous on, the ageing drift is not yet quite zero.  EFC voltage is
still drifting at ~<10-20 mV/month.

Regards,
Bill, NL7F

On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 01:53:14 +0000 (UTC), Perry Sandeen via time-nuts wrote:

>Yo Bubba Dudes!,
>I bought a HP 10811 from ebay for $36 and shipping.
>I installed it in my HP 5335a counter.-  After running continuously for about 90 days it was down to about 4 to 6-  parts in -10.-  I couldn't
adjust it for better accuracy as HP in their infinite and inscrutable wisdom provided a edge connector for the 10811 but didn't make
provision for EFC one had only the course adjustment.-  Sheesh!
>Now maybe I was very lucky in my ebay purchase.-  On ebay prices seem to go from $125 to around $60.-  One of the lower priced
sellers advertise that their 10811's are *tested* but no details.