[time-nuts] HP 10811 stabilizing time

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 03:43:06 UTC 2019

I have found two HP10811s where the EFC did not work.
When I opened them if found a teflon insulated silver plated tubular rivet
with the resistor, varicap diode and the lead from the crystal threaded
through the hole, but they had not been soldered.
A touch of resin cored solder to the point and the EFC came good.
Was this an assembly fault or did they think that the wires did not
need solder?
Many years after the oxide film that developed proved that
they did need solder.
So some of the “bad” HP10811s may just need attention.
cheers,
Neville Michie