[time-nuts] atomic/chemical THz sampler

Glen English VK1XX glenlist at pacificmedia.com.au
Sun Jul 28 05:37:31 UTC 2019

OK research people...since this forum is loaded with bleeding edge
understanding,  Is there such a thing in the lab as a material that can
store, in a 2 level (1 bit) format (or more) , a discrete time
representation of some event ?

In my simple example (dream), an arrangement of some molecular or some
quantum storage medium, that can store an event at discrete intervals of
say, 100fs  ? That is, the duration of the storage might be 1nS, storing
the state of something, at 100fs intervals (example ) ....having a  (for
example) sample storage of 10000 samples, and the ability to freeze that
event (in some atomic level memory) for later readout   once only or
continuously looped ?

No, I am not proposing this for my period /frequency analyser, I was
just wondering about super high speed digitization and storage of very
fast very short events.

-glen