[time-nuts] Motorola MC68HC11 Crystal

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Mar 5 23:40:24 UTC 2019

Hi

First off, the programmer will work with any of the crystals you are talking about.
You should be fine at 0.1% which would be +/- 7.4 KHz relative to 7.3728 MHz.
Indeed you should find that serial com will work fine at offsets even greater than this.

In terms of birdies - does the radio work? If not is it an IF issue or a front end problem?

If none of the replacement crystals oscillate, that’s probably a good sign that the problem
is not the crystal …..

Bob