[time-nuts] Motorola MC68HC11 Crystal

Jim Harman j99harman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 23:45:55 UTC 2019

Async communications will usually tolerate an timing error of about 0.5 bit
time in 10 bits or about 5%. So if your oscillator is within 1% (10,000
ppm) you should be OK in that regard.

I suspect your serial communication problem is coming from someplace else.
Maybe the radio needs real RS-232 voltages, or you have a bad interface
chip or power supply for the RS-232, or you need a null modem cable that
swaps the Rx and Tx data lines.

--Jim Harman