[time-nuts] Synthesized Signal Generator query

Don@True-Cal truecalservices at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 15:44:24 UTC 2019

Hello all,

I have my sights on an HP 8664A with Opt. 004 Low Phase Noise and want to
keep the purchase around $1000. This signal generator meets all my
requirements except being able to play table tennis on the top due to its
size. Can anyone give me advise on any similar low phase noise source that
is not so big and heavy. I like the looks and size of the E44xx series but
do they come even close to the signal purity of the 8664A. Non HP, Agilent
like Anritsu is also a consideration but that really opens up a host of
unknowns. Any words of advice greatly appreciated. Regards, Don