[time-nuts] injection locking crystal oscillator

Thomas S. Knutsen la3pna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:48:47 UTC 2019

Thank you for all the hints.
I did several experiments, but was not able to get reliable injection
locking, several times the crystal jumped some 10-20Hz down, and
stayed there.
Think I have decided to just remove the 10MHz crystal and drive the
oscillator from a external source.

BR.
Thomas.

Den man. 4. mar. 2019 kl. 18:41 skrev ed breya <eb at telight.com>:

> In this case, it appears what you want is choice of two 10 MHz reference
> sources, and not any frequency conversion. Instead of injection locking,
> why not just switch between one or the other? It's quite simple to
> externally drive the built-in oscillator in most ICs. You can make the
> circuits however necessary to disable the crystal, and connect the
> external drive, manually, or automatically - it doesn't take a lot. Then
> there will be no issue of possible signal complications associated with
> injection locking.
>
> Ed

With Best regards, Thomas S. Knutsen.

 Please  avoid sending  me  Word  or  PowerPoint  attachments.