[time-nuts] LMU300 Connectors

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Mar 15 21:33:20 UTC 2019

w1ksz at outlook.com said:
> I would have expected a sticker somewhere, but nothing found. I'll hit it
> with 28vdc and see if any "Magic Smoke" issues forth.

The kind of DC-DC converter I'm talking about is often called a brick.  That's
a standard size, roughly 2x2x1/2 inches.  The older ones were a block of
epoxy.  Similar units were available in half brick and quarter brick sizes.

If you can see inside or get the cover off, you may find one.  If so, it may
have enough info printed on the package to answer your question and/or a
manufacturer and part number so you can look it up on the web.

There is a picture of the power board from a Z380A about 1/3 of the way down
this page:
  http://www.realhamradio.com/GPS_Frequency_Standard.htm
The 2 big rectangles are DC-DC converters.  The one on the left doesn't have
any useful info, but the Datel module has a part number that you could
probably look up.

(The Z3801A does have a sticker on the back.  It's visible in the picture
above the power board, but the resolution isn't good enough unless you know
what you are looking for.)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.