[time-nuts] LMU300 PSU - was LM300 Connectors

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Sun Mar 17 01:45:08 UTC 2019

The LMU300 PSU isn't, physically at least, a standard brick, it's a circuit board that I guess has been purpose built for the LMU300 but no doubt similar in principle to many others.
With regards to another comment, I don't recall seeing a bridge rectifier on the input to this PSU, although agree that's not unusual, but the polarity is clearly marked against the LMU300 PSU connector, so no reason to take chances anyway.
There really is no need for speculation on this, my previous comments weren't just guesswork, the LMU300 will accept between 22 and 28V from a 6A supply or between -40.5 to -57V from a 3A supply, in both cases with polarity as marked!
What is open to speculation is whether or not it will turn out to be at all useful once it's powered up and running, but what the heck, as always it's the finding out that's the fun:-)

Nigel GM8PZR

The kind of DC-DC converter I'm talking about is often called a brick.  That's
a standard size, roughly 2x2x1/2 inches.  The older ones were a block of
epoxy.  Similar units were available in half brick and quarter brick sizes.