[time-nuts] Frequency Ensemble

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 19 01:39:10 UTC 2019

Lady Heather can output RINEX (v2.xx and 3.xx files) for most receivers that output pseudorange and/or carrier phase data.   I have tested it with the Ublox 4T, 5T, 6T, 8T, F9P, and F9T receivers.  Also the Venus RTK receivers, Trimble NetRS,  Ashtech Z12,, NVS08, Trimble timing receivers, and a few others.

With my horrible antenna location L1/L2 devices yield positions error ellipses around 10 mm. lat/lon and 50mm altitude  L1 only devices are around 100 mm.   People with better antenna locations have reported error ellipses is the low mm range.

The Trimble receivers are currently a bit wonky since I have some issues calculating pseudoranges from the Trimble data.  I didn't have Trimble issues before CSRS-PPP "upgraded" their processing software.

The version of Heather that I am currently working on can apply sawtooth corrections to the PPS output measured by a counter such as the TAPR-TICC in order to make a better "paper clock".