[time-nuts] Distribution amplifier for 10MHz and 1 pps

JF PICARD jfphp at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 12:42:29 UTC 2019

The main problem in the distribution amplifiers for 10 Mhz is phase noise. There are two appoaches :
the first one with a tuned amplifier like HP 5087A distribution amplifier. have a look at the manual
the second one is the Racal 9478 wit phase locked VCO.
For 1PPs the main goal is jitter and the selection of the ICs is very tricky