[time-nuts] Distribution amplifier for 10MHz and 1 pps

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 17 22:39:19 UTC 2019

I'm very curious, too.  Especially when I *just* built one using 74HC04N.

---------------------------------------
(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
I'm stuck in a wormhole....  Hello, worms!

    On Sunday, March 17, 2019, 4:01:26 PM EDT, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> For 1PPs the main goal is jitter and the selection of the ICs is very tricky

Could you please say more?  Do you mean logic family selection, or chip
selection within a family?

Most modern digital chips are CMOS with an input threshold of VCC/2.  I'd
expect power supply noise to be important and families with faster switching
times probably make more noise.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.