[time-nuts] Frequency Ensemble

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Mar 18 21:26:30 UTC 2019

Hi

….. and here I was wondering if it had ever gone out :) Glad it made it.

No, I did not run any single frequency units beside it. It is much better than any similar plot
I’ve done in the past on an L1 only part.

Indeed, as long as you just look at the first ~ 100 seconds, the “reference standard” is less of an issue.
A fairly typical OCXO will hang in there at 2 ppt or so out to a couple hundred seconds.
You can get a very good idea of what’s what simply by going out that far. Indeed you might spend
some “quality time” finding a working example of something like a MT-260. That’s part of the fun ….
Some of the better parts will be 5 MHz units. A HP 5335 can come in handy to turn 5 MHz into
10 MHz ….. there are a lot of ways to get that done.

Yes LH and a TAPPR TICC would also help in the process …. still need those 25 orders :)

Bob