[time-nuts] multimeter

Ben Bradley ben.pi.bradley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 20:11:16 UTC 2019

I have a comment regarding "classic equipment." About 20 years ago I
got an HP 410B VTVM, was pleasantly surprised that it still appeared
to be within the stated accuracy, but was astounded to find the
short-circuit current (measured the current range on a modern DMM) on
the 1-ohm scale was 100mA. This is from memory from back then, so I
should double-check it, but it was still a lot.

This brings to mind the importance of knowing the ins and outs of
equipment, and that you may not want to, for example, check the
polarity of a sensitive transistor with this unit's resistance scale.