[time-nuts] Looking for the hp Standard

Bob Albert bob91343 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 16:10:11 UTC 2019

 Very nice!  I look forward to reading all of those.  I hadn't known of that publication.
Bob
    On Monday, March 25, 2019, 3:03:12 AM PDT, Tom Van Baak <tvb at LeapSecond.com> wrote:

 Some of you know that I'm a pack-rat for vintage instruments, books, documentation, and publications about atomic clocks. Especially anything by Hewlett-Packard. I've enjoyed all the time-nuts posting by Rick Karlquist and Hugh Rice, et al.

The usual online hp sources [1] host the massive annual hp catalogs, monthly issues of the hp Journal, hp Measure magazine, hp Application Notes, hp Operation & Service manuals, hp Bench Briefs magazine, etc. But they miss one publication called "the hp Standard". I have a pile of them but I know it's not complete.

My question today is -- do any of you have old issues of the publication called "the hp standard"?  The issues I have are shown here:

    http://leapsecond.com/history/the-hp-standard.htm

I'm trying to fill in the missing issues. I'm still unloading shelves and unpacked boxes but if you have old xerox copies or original hardcopy of hp STANDARD please let me know. I'll post the PDF's to time-nuts when I have a complete collection. I'm almost there...

Thanks,
/tvb

[1] Worth a weekend of cesium reading...

www.hpmemoryproject.org

www.hparchive.com/
www.hparchive.com/hp_journals
www.hparchive.com/measure