[time-nuts] Oscillator Aging Trends

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Mar 25 18:32:24 UTC 2019

Here are two more of those neat images-worth-a-thousand-words that
sometimes show up.

I've been testing an Oscilloquartz 8600B BVA and did a series of 24 hour
measurements over about a week, starting a day after powering it up.
When you put all the ADEV plots on a single chart, you can see how the
performance improves day over day.  If you put the frequency plots on
one graph with "start at zero" selected, the sequential improvement is
really dramatic.

John

(Notes:  1.  The reference was an 8607 BVA that's been running
continuously for several years.  2.  There are a few hours of dead time
between the end of most runs and the beginning of the next.  There's
about three days of dead time before the final run because I was out of
town.)