[time-nuts] F9T Info

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Mar 27 12:26:25 UTC 2019

Hi

There are two programs that I am sure can communicate correctly with the F9T.

	1) The ever popular Lady Heather (in the current beta). Thanks Mark !!.

	2) The uBlox supplied uCenter program from version 19 on.

I *suspect* that other programs can / will soon communicate as well. Those are
the only two that I have tested myself directly on the device. RTKLIB has partial
support for the F9P, the guy who did that port had an F9T for a while. It’s a good
bet that others are working on it.

In terms of NTRIP after going through uCenter, pretty much everything understands
what it comes up with. Since there are multiple layers involved I’m not sure if that
counts in this case.

==========

In my case, the 5065 (thanks to Corby) has a 10 MHz output from a 10811. That
makes running the TICC a bit easier. Before the 5061 died, I was multiplying the
5 MHz from it with an SRS-620 counter timebase.

Either way, the 10 MHz goes into the TICC and is directly time tagged by the device.
No need to generate a local PPS from the standard or use up an input for that.

Once the PPS out of the F9T is measured, it is corrected with the sawtooth message
as decoded by LH (uCenter doe not do that part). The result goes into a log file.
The plots I have shown are based on Stable32 playing with those log files (with
appropriate scaling for the fact they are in nanoseconds).

Since the 5065 does drift a bit, I have removed a linear phase slope ( = frequency offset)
from the data before the runs. Past that, whatever was done came from Stable32’s
default settings.

Bob