[time-nuts] Absolute time accuracy pre-Cesium?

Francis Grosz fgrosz at otiengineering.com
Wed Mar 27 02:36:13 UTC 2019

Bob,

     Physicists are still debating whether time is continuous or granular.
 One current theory of granularity uses the Planck Time, the time
required for a photon traveling at c, the speed of light in a vacuum,
to travel a Planck Length.  This turns out to be 5.39x10^-44 seconds.
 This is small enough that, for the moment at least, even Time Nuts
can treat time as continuous.

        Francis Grosz