[time-nuts] Network Time Puzzle

K5ROE Mike K5ROE at roetto.org
Tue May 28 11:34:55 UTC 2019

I would broaden your experiment to try many different remote servers.
Maybe using different chunks of the global NTP pool
(https://www.ntppool.org/en/use.html)

It could be traffic shaping on your ISP , an ISP in the middle, or one
on the remote end.

It could be traffic prioritization from one of the above that lowers
priority for ports > 1024

It could be weirdness from the network stack on your Windows XP clients.
You might considering using something more modern.

K5ROE Mike