[time-nuts] GPS 1PPS, phase lock vs frequency lock, design

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed May 29 14:32:19 UTC 2019

Hi

The TBolt is a very unique design. It directly uses code phase information
against the OCXO. The net result is really no different than the “correction
message” approach, but it is a different implementation. Since you can’t
*buy* the guts of a TBolt to strap into a DIY GPSDO, it’s not generally part
of a “I want to build a GPSDO from scratch” conversation.

Bob