[time-nuts] can of worms: time-of-day in a community radio station

Steven Sommars stevesommarsntp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 22:54:24 UTC 2019

Each NTP Pool server's real-time status can be seen at
https://www.ntppool.org/scores/*ip_address*
I can't answer questions about the monitor's source code
<https://github.com/ntppool/monitor >

NTP server timestamp errors happen occasionally.  Internet delays and
losses are unpredictable. My paper
<http://leapsecond.com/ntp/NTP_Paper_Sommars_PTTI2017.pdf> discusses such
NTP time transfer issues (thanks Tom).
A diverse set of servers may be desirable:  Using eleven stratum 2 servers
with common stratum 1 sources may not meet your requirements.
If the bad guys can intercept NTP traffic timestamps can be altered, unless
NTP authentication is used.  [This rarely happens.]