[time-nuts] Cold Rubidium?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Nov 8 02:15:36 UTC 2019

p.boven at xs4all.nl said:
> We were seriously considering the Muquans clock for a radio astronomy
> project. However, the company explained that the device has to be  returned
> every 3 to 5 years for re-filling. Given the very remote  location we were
> going to put these in, that was out of the question for us.

What's the MTBF of that sort of gear?  How often can you repair it on site?

Did you ask about a larger container for whatever needs re-filling?

How big is the unit?  Is whatever needs re-filling removable so you don't have
to ship the whole thing?  (I'm assuming that you have to swap out technicians
occasionally so there is occasional transportation to the remote sites.)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.