[time-nuts] Antique pendulum clocks

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 21 04:00:24 UTC 2019

Whenever Dollar Tree those solar cell powered "nodding" figurines on sale (for $1) I pick one up  (btw, they haven't had any for several months).

A friend of mine loaned me his 16 channel 10 ns FPGA based time stamping counter.  So, I picked out 16 different nodders (out of 100 or so unique models... do I have a nodding problem?),  added opto-interrupters,  put them in a closed and brightly lit bathroom, and collected nodding data for a day.  Alas, the hard drive in the 20 year old laptop that collected the data crashed before I could really analyze the data.   Someday, I hope to repeat the experiment...