[time-nuts] Difference in antennas

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Nov 22 22:29:55 UTC 2019

jra at febo.com said:
> I like the idea of inserting attenuation until the SNR or Cn values start to
> go down.  That may be the most practical solution.

Inserting attenuation is a good trick for the tool box.  It is also used to
measure error rates on fiber links.

With a reasonable fiber setup, the error rate is so low that it is hard to
measure.  At low error rates, there is a simple relation between signal/noise
and error rate.  So insert enough attenuation until you can easily measure the
error rate, then compute what it would be without the attenuation.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.