[time-nuts] Looking for Symmetricom system info: 105542-002A

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 01:50:32 UTC 2019

Walter best to get an outside antenna. Then let it take a while to sync
maybe 48 hours.
With everything missing and suspecting an older GPS they seem to have to go
through various satellites trying one at a time.
Some interfaces allow you to tell the system what satellite prn to look
for. The date and time can be added to help but actually doesn't have to be
correct to start. The trick is the system needs 1 satellite to download the
almanac.
Most likely there was also a battery in the gps receiver thats dead. Good
to replace it and the system can remember the details.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL