[time-nuts] Looking for Symmetricom system info: 105542-002A

Walter Shawlee 2 walter2 at sphere.bc.ca
Fri Sep 6 22:17:07 UTC 2019

I recently got a rack shelf filled with Symmetricom black modules (PMM
controller w/LCD display, GPS, PRS-RB Rb oscillator and PRS-XO ovenized
crystal oscillator). the whole rack has an assembly number 105542-0002A,
but searching by any of the module or assembly numbers doesn't reveal
much. I had similar bad luck trying to find info on my Ball-Efratorm rack.

Is there any archive for this info? the transition from symmetricom to
microsemi seems to have killed all legacy information. My GPS does not
seem to be working yet (attaching an amplified 26dB antenna made the
fault light go out, but still no satellites acquired with an indoor
antenna). it does roll-over correctly to the Rb, and that is very
accurate, and presumably if that fails it will roll-over to the ovenized
oscillator. the rear has a forest of distribution jacks for timing
signals, and dual power supplies, it will run from either one or both.

I am happy to send pics to anybody for better identification if that can
help location of manuals. I'd really like to know what data is provided
via the serial ports, and any data on the correct GPS antenna.  my LCD
display says the system is warming up, and so far no vehicles detected
even after an hour. Have to try my external antenna next.  it also
reports bad almanac data, and the wrong date in 2017, so clearly it has
not successfully acquired any good data.

great looking and working hardware, so I'd like to get as much
functionality out of it as I can as a bench frequency standard.

any help appreciated.
all the best,
walter

--
Walter Shawlee 2
Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.