[time-nuts] GPS Antennas

Björn bg at lysator.liu.se
Sat Sep 7 06:50:09 UTC 2019

https://www.ngs.noaa.gov/ANTCAL/#

Look at say an old Ashtech ASH700936D_M which you can find calibrations for both SCIS and “Snow” radomes and without radome for the same antenna.

I have seen more recent radomes that are hemisphere-shaped. However these are more prone to be favored bird view points.

Radomes, like the Aeroantenna SPKE with a plastic “spike” to discourage birds are less ideal for super high accuracy applications due to its non uniform signal delay impact.

See also clear acrylic domes OSOD/OSOS

http://www.euref.eu/symposia/2015Leipzig/p-02-01-Ohlsson.pdf

https://kb.unavco.org/kb/article/unavco-resources-radomes-520.html

/Björn