[time-nuts] Capturing NMEA and TICC timestamp data in time-correlated way?

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 13:53:31 UTC 2019

In Unix there is the "ts" (aka timestamp) command will be a good start as
long as you have newlines (pure NMEA has CRLF at the end of each line but
I've come across devices that use other variations).
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man1/ts.1.html

e.g. I like to use the "%.s" format for ts so that I get epoch seconds
(makes my math a lot easier) with fractional second resolution:
ts "%.s"
hi
1568468896.616954 hi
there