[time-nuts] Sawtooth Error Correction, WAS: Capturing NMEA and TICC timestamp data in time-correlated way?

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 16:57:36 UTC 2019

Assuming that the T'bird works as you stated, you might still want to know
where in that
sawtooth the supposedly "fixed" error falls.  Maybe this is unimportant if
all you want is a
stable reference frequency source, or very important if you actually want
to know what
time it is.  However, the always somewhat noisy phase lock means that the
"fixed" error
is not constant, merely less variable than otherwise.  What I don't know is
whether or
not the hardware can even be aware of this variability- I kind of suspect
not.

Dana