[time-nuts] Sawtooth Error Correction, WAS: Capturing NMEA and TICC timestamp data in time-correlated way?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Sep 15 19:28:46 UTC 2019

Hi

The TBolt does code phase to lock up the OCXO. Effectively its best guess error is zero once the control loop
closes. That also means the average error is also zero. Since it’s yanking the OCXO *and* guessing at the error,
separating those two numbers can get a bit tangled up. One of the reasons a “normal” receiver leaves the TCXO
alone is that it does not have to deal with two moving targets at once.

Indeed there is a static offset due to cable delay and similar issues. If you have a “perfect” receiver to compare to,
you could adjust that out with the normal commands. For full zeroing you also would need to know your antenna
delay.

Bob