[time-nuts] 10811-Parts... (Using the thermal regulator circuitry)

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 15:24:12 UTC 2019

I understand several of the modern MEMS OCXO's use microcontroller PID
control for the temperature, avoiding the need for any large capacitors for
compensation.

The microcontroller does a lot more than the heating job, judging by the
PhD thesis I see coming out of China. They seem to feed-forward the delta
temperature into microtemperature oscillator compensation too so it's less
like a traditional OCXO and more like an OCXO with some TCXO enhancements.

Tim N3QE